- $30 million in punitive damgaes
- $4 million for past mental pain and anquish
- $15 million for future mental pain and anquish
- $255,000 for future medical expenses
- $13,906 for past C.R.R. medical expenses
Mones was accused of, and admitted to, having sex with a 16-year-old student 3 times and to sending her lewd and explicit text messages. After the original trial and his guilty pleas, Mones spent 5 months in prison and was released in June of that year. He is out on a probation period of 10 years that has already been reduced to 8. Mones is a registered sex offender and lives in Florida.